Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Before I continue with Barcelona....

I had a great weekend! I met up with three other aupairs on Saturday for a day in Heidenheim (I know, super duper fun). One of them, Carole, I met for the first time about two weeks ago. She had posted a little ad on the bulletin board in the library saying that she was an aupair and was looking for other aupairs to hang out with, so I called her up and we met. We hit it off right away and made plans to meet up again (Saturday). She invited Raffaella, an aupair she knows from her German class, and Milka, an aupair their German teacher said was also looking for people to hang out with. Here's the rundown of countries: Carole=France, Raffaella=Italy, Milka=Namibia. And yes, Milka's name is really spelled that way, like the chocolate. I was surprised that we all hit it off so well! It ended up being a great day, and we're gonna try to meet up again soon.

Obligatory cute friendship pic:


I feel like that's straight out of the Babysitters' Club. Man, I wish the Babysitters' Club was my life. Mostly I wish I could date Logan.

Also, we saw "27 Dresses". I gotta admit, I was disappointed. I mean, obviously I knew going in that it would be a chick-flick, but from the premise and the trailer it looked like it would be at least an exceptionally fun chick-flick. Wrong. It didn't deviate one iota from the chick-flick movie formula. It was moderately entertaining, but it's nowhere near as good as, say, "Something's Gotta Give", which is probably my second-favorite movie ever (yes, I know, that makes me about 45). If you know me, you already know my favorite movie.

Get ready for more Barcelona!

No comments: