Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Johanna can ride a bike now!!

Some pictures, for you entertainment:


Johanna riding her bike!!! Seriously, adorable. Take notice of my bike in the background, with the huge red backpack filled with diaper, wipes, food, and drink that we have to take anywhere if we plan to be gone for more than 15 minutes. Parenthood=that giant red backpack



Johannski riding her bike!! She can start, stop, and ride without any help. We rode really far (for a 3-year-old) that day with a pretty strong wind, and she only fell off once.



Hahahah I love this picture because it looks like Johanna is the one doing the self-photo thing.




Eating her "picnic" snack of raisin bread. Not pictured: gummi bears



Johanna is really proud of that raisin bread! (She claimed she was using it to block the sun...? I guess when you're 3, that makes sense.)


So, Johanna can ride her bike now! She pretty much learned this weekend, and then on Sunday they all went on a "Fahrradtour" where she did really well, so me and Johanna did the same thing Monday afternoon. She even remembered the way! We packed a little "picnic snack" as Johanna called it, and I let her pick out two gummi bears to include. There is really nothing more adorable than a 3-year-old riding a tiny two-wheel bike.

On Tuesday I actually woke up early and went into Heidenheim to meet up with Carole, an aupair who posted a little advertisement in the library looking for other aupairs. I'd never met her before so I was a little worried how it would go, but it turned out she's really nice! We hit it off right away and we've already made plans to meet up again. She's from France and (claims) she speaks no English (I say "claims" because everyone I've met who says they speak no English really knows practically half the language, just isn't fluent), so we talked in German, which was fine with me. We're both on about the same German level, so it was good. I had a lot of fun with her, and I'm really glad to have met another aupair.

Tuesday afternoon ended up being another really good day with the kids. We've had a string of good days lately. They both behaved really well and we had a great time together. It was just the three of us for dinner, and they were being so silly and laughing a lot. It always makes me so happy when they behave! The only bad thing about that is that it makes me unhappy when they're bad. I hate that my perception of how good or bad a day I've had is based on their whims of if they'll talk back or not and if they'll behave well. Usually they behave well with me and we rarely have any real problems, but sometimes they are exceptionally good, like the past couple days.

Highlight of my day: I got a package from home containing..................potato chips!!!!!!!! There were only three small bags, but it's better than the none that I usually have. Not gonna lie, I already ate a bag of them. I couldn't resist. Man, has it really been 6 months since I've had regular chips? Ahh I miss the potato chip aisles in the grocery store. Those and Little Debbie brownies. Mmm. Chocolate here sure is good, but I really miss potato chips and brownies.

No comments: