Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Updates?

I haven't written much lately about the kids, some here's some cool stuff that's happened lately:
  • Johanna asked me if I saw a tiger in Berlin. When I said no, she asked if I saw a kangaroo. I told her I didn't go to the zoo, but she didn't seem to see why that would affect my sightings of animals.
  • The things that make a 3-year-old laugh! I put my hand on Johanna's head when we were walking home from kindy, and she moved away. I put it on her head again and pretended it was glued there. I followed her around not moving my hand, and she thought this was hilarious!
  • Dominik has been coloring these things called mandelas, and he has a whole big paper with hundreds to choose from. He made a list for Stefan to print out, and he told me that I should pick out some too, so that we'll both have some to color. Afterwards, he brought them down to my room so that I'd have them, even though I told him that I'll just color when I'm with him. He said I should keep them down here in case I want to work on them anyway. I love how he thinks I'm just down here frantically coloring!
  • Me and Dominik read a story the other day about a girl who has a pet sheep. I have to admit...I genuinely enjoyed it.

Another update that I forgot about: I'm going to University of Georgia next year! I'll be in an M.Ed. program in Speech-Language Pathology. I've never actually even visited the school, but I applied there so that it will be easier for Jonathan to commute. (If I went to FSU, he'd have to commute to Atlanta from Tallahassee. Doable, but a pain) The reason I'm going to UGA is mostly financial--I got a graduate assistantship from them that pays all of my tuition, plus a stipend of $1500/month for 21 months. I really liked Florida State and I would have loved to go there, but they didn't offer me any money. I applied for the University Fellowship and apparently the department put me forward as the #1 applicant, but I didn't get it. Oh well, I'll go with the school that wants to pay me!

It's kind of crazy that I'll be living in Georgia, but even crazy is that we'll be living in rural Georgia. Me and Jonathan are going to get an apartment that's about halfway between Athens and Atlanta so that neither of us has to have a 2-hour commute. I'm not looking forward to all the long drives, but it's better than Jonathan having to fly to Atlanta all the time.

No comments: