Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hop on Pop

The weather has been so nice lately! Not as a rule, but as an exception. It's actually generally been pretty bad, but we've had a few realllly nice days. There's a German saying about the crazy April weather: April, April, er macht was er will (April, April, it does what it wants). For example: on Friday, there was snow on the ground until about 10 AM; in the afternoon, it was warm enough to sit outside without a coat. Sunday was also really nice. All the other days I'm not mentioning were pretty bleh and rainy.

Since it's starting to be pseudo spring-like, they put the trampoline back up! On Monday Johanna and I jumped for a while. She kept wanting to play games that she'd make up, but her games always involved me crawling around under the trampoline on the wet grass. No, thanks. Instead we just jumped around for a while. It's really tiring to jump on a trampoline for a long time. Since Johanna's little she of course has endless energy; I, unfortunately, do not. Not a good combination. Every time I'd sit down for a rest, she'd wait about five seconds and then say, "Jump! Jump!" Kind of like when she tells me to tickle her, then yells that I should stop, then as soon as I stop, she tells me to start again.

Yesterday I just had Dominik since Johanna was at Oma and Opa's. Lukas and Lena (Lukas's sister) came over. They also came over on Sunday afternoon; apparently they had been talking all day about getting to jump on the trampoline! They called to ask if they could come, and about 3 minutes later they were there. I suspect that the reason Lena wanted to come yesterday was largely to jump on the trampoline. They of course only jumped on the trampoline for about 15 minutes, leaving me to have to put the wet cover back on by myself (it's too big for little kids to put on alone). When they came back inside, they colored for a while. Lena colored me a picture and wrote on the back, "Für Laura, von Lena". Little kids are much more likeable when they draw you pictures (not that I didn't like Lena before).

Hmm, what else have I been doing? Not too much. Still reading about Sophie Scholl, of course (same book). Downside to reading stuff in German: it takes a long time. Of course, this is a more academic book so it's bound to be harder. That makes me feel a little better. What makes me feel a little worse is that it's a kids' academic book. That's right. I got it from the juvenile section of the library. Well, at least it's meant for teenagers. I hope.

Jonathan's coming in two weeks!!! And we're going to London!!!!! The more I read about stuff to see in London, the more excited I get! It will also be extremely nice to go somewhere where I know people speak my language! Oh, speaking of traveling, I discovered a bus line that has really cheap (as in, 65 euros or less) round-trip bus tickets to cool places like Zagreb and Ljubljana. I had pretty much given up hope of getting to go those places, so I'm glad that I'll actually be able to. I'm also hoping to go up to Wittenberg in June for the Luther's Hochzeit festival. Not sure if that'll work out, but I hope it does. While I was typing this, I booked a trip to Prague for the weekend after I get back from Paris!

My birthday's in two weeks! Send me potato chips!

No comments: