Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Leaving Tomorrow

So, I'm leaving tomorrow. Flying from JFK to Munich! Not direct, thank goodness. Not sure how I feel about it....I'm pretty nervous, but mostly I'm dreading the really long flight, plus still slightly in denial that I'm leaving so soon. The only thing that I am actually nervous about is meeting people my age to be friends with. Since I'm not doing this through an aupair agency, I don't have a built-in way to meet other aupairs. Hopefully the family knows some that I can be introduced to.

My suitcases are huge. I thought my black one was big, but then Julie lent me hers--that thing could eat my suitcase for breakfast. And I keep walking around my room trying to see if I'm forgetting something, and I'll see my Chapstick and think, "What if they don't have Chapstick in Germany??? I better bring these extra ones just to be safe." Or I think, "I HAVE to bring this shirt with me. I haven't worn it once in the past three years, but what if I want to wear it in Germany?? Better pack it."

OK, I plan on taking pics once I get there, so maybe I'll even be not lazy and post them.

No comments: