Monday, September 10, 2007

10 Things I Like About Germany

1. The bread (is anyone surprised?)

2. The incredibly cute houses

3. The publice transportation, which I have yet to take advantage of. It's a little like how I live near Philadelphia but have seen the Liberty Bell maybe three times--I like having it there, but that doesn't mean I want to look at it every day.

4. Riding my bike everywhere!

5. Riding my bike everywhere with the anhänger!!!! (I love that thing)

6. Being jealous of little kids who can speak better German than I can

7. The fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, etc.

8. Um, I really love the bread

9. The fact that it only costs 5 cents/minute to call the US

10. THE CHOCOLATE

Seriously, what better place is there for me than Germany? Not only can I learn to speak German, but it is a bread- and chocolate-lover's paradise. OK, so I don't like sausage or cheese. I can just fill up on bread!

My favorite part of today: jumping on the trampoline. It is so much fun jumping with Dominik and Johanna because I can send them, like, 3 feet in the air.

My least favorite part: eating noodles with tomato sauce. I never thought I'd say this...but I think I'm getting sick of pasta. I've probably had it five times since I've been here, and I've been here 11 days. If it continues like this, by the time I leave I'm never going to want to eat pasta again. Sad!

Another sad thing: on Saturday I bought new socks, and when I was trying to cut them apart today, I accidentally cut one of them!! I'm not too sad though considering I got 5 pairs of socks for 7€. C&A might be my new favorite store.

Now I'm off to do some chocolate eating. The choc. here is so good that I don't even miss chips!

No comments: